New York City Alumni Club
Upcoming club events:
NYC Alumni Union Square Greenmarket Rescue with City Harvest
Monday, August 25, 2014, 5:45 PM
Union Square - City Harvest (15th St. and Union Square West, New York, NY)
Come join fellow UD alumni at our next community service event with City Harvest! Because we had tremendous interest in our last event with City Harvest UD's NYC alumni club will "rescue" produce donations from farmers at the close of the Union Square Greenmarket. We then load the donations onto a City Harvest truck to be distributed to one of the over 400 emergency feeding programs.
We will plan on meeting promptly at 5:45pm on the west side of Union Square at 15th Street (across from the American Eagle) and finishing up around 7:30pm. Your promptness ensures that we will be able to start the rescue on time. Your Greenmarket Rescue Leader will then give you an on-site orientation and instruct you as to how to rescue food from the Greenmarket.
To join us, please click the link to visit the UD group’s volunteer page. You will need to sign up by creating a profile and signing the waiver on this page, also please sign up below on the UDconnection page.
Register now for this event
Long Island New Student Send-off
Sunday, August 3, 2014
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Viana Hotel and Spa (3998 Brush Hollow Road, Westbury, NY)
Cost: Free (please register in advanced for planning purposes).
Join the UD Long Island Blue Hen City, host Robert B. Cohen, VMD, '72CANR, and Dean Rieger in sending the newest Hens off to UD! Enjoy a brunch menu as we exchange stories about UD and share advice with our Freshman Hens.
Mark Rieger, Dean of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, will be in attendance to address families, students and alumni. This is a great opportunity for new students, parents, and alumni to connect - ask questions and meet fellow incoming students - you won't want to miss it!
Special thanks to Bob Cohen, a 1972 graduate of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources and Veterinarian/Practice Owner at Bay Street Animal Hospital in Staten Island, NY, for generously hosting this Special Brunch.
Register now for this event
Want to see more Blue Hens at this event? Help spread the word!
Sign up for email notifications
The UD NYC Alumni Club averages 8 - 10 events annually. Please sign up for email notifications when new events are posted atUDconnection.com
Want to help plan Blue Hen events?
Do you want to help plan an event for Blue Hens in your area? We are always looking for ideas for events and volunteers to help plan them! If you are interested, email email@example.com or call (302) 831-2341.
Past alumni club events:
- NYC New Student Send Off
- Baltimore Orioles @ New York Yankees
- Meet the Board Happy Hour
- Dare to Care: Union Square
- FlyWheel Spin Night
- Zog Kickball Team
- An Evening of Conversations and Connections
- Happy Hour at Brother Jimmy's
- Zog Dodgeball Team
- NYC Alumni Club Open Board Meeting
- Art & Blue Hens at the Int'l Center of Photography in NYC with UD President Patrick Harker, Friends of Art History and the NYC Alumni Club
- Medieval Times Dinner & Show
- Halloween River Cruise on the Hudson & East Rivers
- UD Day of Service 2013: Teach Recycling at Maker Faire
- Tigers @ Mets Game & Reception
- Long Island Ducks baseball game & picnic
- Happy Hour at Beekman Beer Garden Beach Club
- Happy hour at Jackson's Restaurant in Commack
- Open Board Meeting at Blackstone
- 2013 Conversations and Connections at JPMorgan Chase
- Winter Social at Tribeca Tap House
- UD Men's Basketball at the NIT Tournament
- 2012 UD Day of Service at Washington Heights Harvest Mobile Market
- Welcome to the Neighborhood Class of 2012 Event
- UD Alumni at the Yankees
- Lecture, Reception & Exhibition at
the Guggenheim Museum
- UD alumni at Clean Up NYC!
- "UD Congratulates U" event for accepted students
- Alumni Club Happy Hour at BB King's
- Tailgate before UD Football vs. Hofstra
- "Rediscover UD" with UD President Harker
- Food and drinks at The University Club in Midtown
- A holiday event at the Jade Lounge
- A night at the Downtown Athletic Club for updates on the UD campus