Washington, DC Alumni Club
Sackler Gallery Traveler's Eye Tour
January 31, 2015
11:00 a.m. – Meet in front of the Sackler Gallery Gift Shop; tour starts at 11:15.
Sackler Gallery (1050 Independence Ave. SW, Washington, D.C. 20585)
Cost: Free (please register for planning purposes)
Open to Blue Hens and friends.
Embark on a private tour of the Traveler’s Eye exhibit of the Sackler Gallery with fellow Blue Hens. The Sackler Gallery, opened in 1987, is one of two Smithsonian museums featuring Asian art. Containing more than 100 works created over the past five centuries, The Traveler’s Eye: Scenes of Asia tour will provide glimpses of travels across the Asian continent, from trade voyages to tourist trips.
Tour lasts for approximately one hour.
More details on the exhibit can be found here: www.asia.si.edu/travelerseye/
Register now for this event
Want to see more Blue Hens at this event? Help us spread the word!
No further events are currently scheduled.
Do you want to help plan an event for Blue Hens in your area? We are always looking for ideas for events and volunteers to help plan them! If you are interested, email email@example.com or call (302) 831-2341.
Sign up for email notifications
The UD Washington D.C. Alumni Club averages 9 - 10 events annually (scroll down to see all past events); in fact, we're planning more now. Please sign up for email notifications when new events are posted atUDconnection.com
Join a Committee
The UD DC Alumni Club is growing and we need your help! For those of you that want to help but don't have a lot of time, we've created two committees: the Social Committee and the University Committee. The Social Committee will help plan and run happy hours, game watches, cultural and similar events. The University Committee will help with our new community service and other UD engagements.
Committees are the easiest way to bring new ideas to the club as our membership is rapidly growing. If you have an interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Club Committee
Committee positions are currently available in 2014. Click here to view the position descriptions, and click here to print and fill out the application. Applications should be sent to email@example.com along with an emailed letter of interest.
The DC Club offers its members the unique opportunity to compete in co-ed social sports leagues throughout the year. These leagues provide an excellent opportunity to meet and mingle with other local DC Blue Hens. All leagues are part of the Capital Alumni Network (CAN, www.dcalum.org) in which our opponents are local alumni representing other schools from all over the country. The club competes in all five CAN sports leagues:
· Volleyball, Basketball: January-March
· Soccer, Softball: April - August
· Flag Football; September - December
Past alumni club events include:
- Holiday Party at BlackFinn
- Oktoberfest Happy Hour at Liberty Tavern
- Evening with Batsheva Dance Co.
- Family Pumpkin Patch Adventure
- White House Garden Tour
- Live @ the Wolftrap - Straight No Chaser
- Picnic and New Student Send-Off
- Sunset Happy Hour Cruise with DC Blue Hens
- DC Baseball Series: Mets @ Nationals
- Annual Town Hall Meeting
- Group Tour of the NGA's French Collection
- Dinner at Marrakesh
- DC Alumni Club Holiday Party
- Tour, Tasting & Lunch at Port City Brewing Company
- UD Day of Service: Volunteer at The Farm at Walker-Jones Education Campus
- UD vs. Navy Football Tailgate
- Sky vs. Mystics WNBA game & reception
- 2013 UD Alumni Day in Dewey Beach
- Class of 2017 New Student Send-Off at Quincy Park, Arlington
- Happy Hour Sunset Cruise on the Georgetown Waterfront
- "DC Delaware Dinners" for UD alumni foodies
- UD Alumni at Nationals game & reception at Molly Malone's
- UD Alumni at the 2013 Virginia Gold Cup
- UD Day in DC 2013
- DC Alumni Club Town Hall Meeting
- UD Women's Basketball at George Mason University
- DC Club laying holiday wreaths at Arlington National Cemetery for Wreaths Across America
- 2012 UD DC Club Holiday Party at Tabaq Bistro
- Wine Tasting at Veritas Wine Bar
- UD Football Watch Parties at Penn Social
- 2012 UD Day of Service at the American Red Cross
- UD Alumni at DC United Game + Welcome New Alumni Event
- UD Football Watch Parties at Penn Social
- New Student Send-Off event
- An Evening of Conversations & Connections with DC Alumni, Guest Speakers, Panel, and Reception
- UD Alumni Club at DC Nationals Game + Meetup at Molly Malone's
- UD Alumni at the Virginia Gold Cup
- "UD Congratulates U" event for prospective students
- Group tour at National Gallery
- Annual Holiday Party
- DC Alumni Club New Student Welcome Picnic