A Special Trip to China
The University of Delaware is pleased to offer the 8th annual Special Trip to China with Xiang Gao, UD Trustees Distinguished Professor of Music.
A rare opportunity to tour China with concert violinist Xiang Gao and UD Chinese language instructor Renee Dong to experience 5,000 years of history, culture, and music.
UD friends, faculty, staff and alumni are invited to a private trip to China under the direction of two experienced bi-lingual and bi-cultural China touring directors originally from China.
A 13-day tour to visit China’s most important historical cities: Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai and Suzhou.
Departing on June 16, 2014. Early reservation is highly recommended as space is limited.
A deposit of $400 with each reservation must be received by February 1, 2014.
Download reservation and visa forms from this page (see right column) and for any other questions, email Professor Gao at email@example.com.
- Many special excursions and programs led by Professor Gao and Professor Dong that US touring companies are not able to accommodate.
- International (NYC-Beijing-NYC) and domestic (within China) air travel and first-class, air-conditioned ground transportation.
- Twelve nights world-class hotel accommodations.
- Top quality, English-speaking, local tour guides under the daily direction of UD tour directors.
- 29 Meals: 12 Western-style breakfast buffets, 9 lunches and 8 dinners including a dumpling banquet in Xi’an, Beijing Roast Duck dinner and farewell dinner party in Shanghai. All menus personally selected by Professor Gao.
- Cultural entertainment: Tang Dynasty Dance in Xi’An, Chinese traditional music performance, Chinese traditional acrobatic performance, boat ride on the Huangpu river in Shanghai, etc.
- Special UD cultural offerings: “Modern Chinese Society” with Professor Dong; “Musical and cultural traits of China” and “survival Chinese” with Professor Gao; Brush painting and Calligraphy class with Professor Dong etc.
Above: 2013 Special Trip to China
Above: 2012 Special Trip to China Farewell Party