New York City Alumni Club
Blue Hens at Brooklyn Winery
Thursday, February 25, 2016
Brooklyn Winery (213 N 8th Street, Brooklyn 11211)
Sorry, this event is now sold out.
Extra costs: Cash bar $7 per glass wine
Come join fellow Blue Hens for a private tour and wine tasting at Brooklyn Winery. Your registration fee includes the tour, tasting and some light snacks. Additional wine is available for $7 per glass. We’ll also have a private room for plenty of Blue Hen networking.
This event is a great introduction to the world of hospitality, the theme we’ll enjoy at our March 15 Conversations & Connections event, our fifth annual panel discussion program.
This event is open to alumni and their guests, 21 and older. Space is limited.
Getting There: Brooklyn Winery is off the Bedford L stop, very accessible from Manhattan.
Refund deadline is February 18.
An Evening of Conversations & Connections with New York Alumni
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
6:00 p.m. - Arrival and Networking Reception
7:00 p.m. - Program Begins
8:30 p.m. - Networking Reception Resumes
Marquee New York (289 10th Avenue, New York, New York 10001)
Cost: $40 online registration
$50 at the door (if not sold out)
As we showcase talented UD alumni in the hospitality industry, we mix business and pleasure at this event hosted by Blue Hen Andrew S. Goldberg, BE02, partner of Marquee New York, featuring UD alumni speaking to UD alumni, parents, friends and current UD students, in a panel format with Q&A.
The program includes the panel discussion and networking receptions for all attendees before and after the formal program. Exciting food, beer, wine and a specialty cocktail will be served. Join us!
Learn more about the panelists and special guests.
Pre-registration closes on March 10 at noon. No refunds will be made after March 4. Walk-ins are welcome, at the increased price, if it is not sold out.
Getting there: 289 10th Avenue (between 26th and 27th Streets)
Nearest Subway: C/E train to 23rd Street
Special thanks to the UD Alumni Association for providing support for this event; to Andrew Goldberg and the Marquee New York staff for their exciting venue; and, to the UD New York City Alumni Club volunteers for their help in making this event happen!
Register now for this event
Want to see more Blue Hens at this event? Help spread the word on Facebook!
Sign up for email notifications
The UD NYC Alumni Club averages 8-10 events annually. Want to know about all of our upcoming events in the area as they get posted? Register here to receive email notifications when registrations go live.
Sign up for email notifications
Do you want to help plan an event for Blue Hens in the area? We are always looking for ideas for events and volunteers to help plan them! We’ll promote them with Blue Hens in the area. If you are interested, email email@example.com or call (302) 831-2341.
Want to see more Blue Hens at our events? Help spread the word!
Past events have included:
- Superheroes in Gotham at the NY Historical Society
- UD Men's Basketball v. Columbia University
- Welcome to the Neighborhood: Brews & Bingo
- UD Alumni Baseball Series: Somerset Patriots Baseball and BBQ
- New York Red Bulls Soccer
- New Student Send-Off with the NYC Alumni Club
- Detroit Tigers at New York Yankees
- New York Botanical Garden: Special Exhibit, Private Tour & Reception
- An Evening of Conversations & Connections (showcasing UD alumni in the fashion industry)
- Guided Tour of New York Public Library Schwarzman Building
- Bocce Ball and Happy Hour
- "Our Lady of Kibeho" at the Signature Theatre
- Tour of the NYC Fire Museum
- Night Owl Bowling
- NYC New Student Send Off
- Baltimore Orioles @ New York Yankees
- Meet the Board Happy Hour
- Dare to Care: Union Square
- FlyWheel Spin Night
- Zog Kickball Team
- An Evening of Conversations and Connections (showcasing alumni in social media)
- Happy Hour at Brother Jimmy's
- Zog Dodgeball Team
- NYC Alumni Club Open Board Meeting
- Art & Blue Hens at the Int'l Center of Photography in NYC with UD President Patrick Harker, Friends of Art History and the NYC Alumni Club
- Medieval Times Dinner & Show
- Halloween River Cruise on the Hudson & East Rivers
- UD Day of Service 2013: Teach Recycling at Maker Faire
- Tigers @ Mets Game & Reception
- Long Island Ducks baseball game & picnic
- Happy Hour at Beekman Beer Garden Beach Club
- Happy hour at Jackson's Restaurant in Commack
- Open Board Meeting at Blackstone
- 2013 Conversations and Connections at JPMorgan Chase
- Winter Social at Tribeca Tap House
- UD Men's Basketball at the NIT Tournament
- 2012 UD Day of Service at Washington Heights Harvest Mobile Market
- Welcome to the Neighborhood Class of 2012 Event
- UD Alumni at the Yankees
- Lecture, Reception & Exhibition at
- the Guggenheim Museum
- UD alumni at Clean Up NYC!
- "UD Congratulates U" event for accepted students
- Alumni Club Happy Hour at BB King's
- Tailgate before UD Football vs. Hofstra
- "Rediscover UD" with UD President Harker
- Food and drinks at The University Club in Midtown
- A holiday event at the Jade Lounge
- A night at the Downtown Athletic Club for updates on the UD campus