New York City Alumni Club
Upcoming club events:
An Evening of Conversations and Connections with NYC Alumni
March 13, 6:00 PM
Vornado Realty Trust, 666 5th Avenue, 23rd Floor, New York, NY 10103
Cost: $45 online registration, $55 at door (if not sold out) — includes the program and networking reception for all attendees. $15 for after-party.
Registration closes on March 11. No refunds after March 6.
Register for this event
The New York City Alumni Club and our special guests, University President, Patrick Harker, and Provost Domenico Grasso invite you to join UD alumni, friends and current UD students at the Third Annual “Evening of Conversations & Connections with New York City Alumni.” As we showcase talented UD alumni we mix business and pleasure at this event hosted by Vornado Realty Trust, featuring UD alumni speaking to UD alumni, in a panel format with Q&A.
The evening’s theme “Social Media – Its Impact and Future” will feature an interactive discussion focused on the ever increasing importance of social media in all aspects of our lives whether it is at home or work. A panel of alumni from the areas of technology, education, communications, and other industries will discuss social media - its past, present and future, as well as “the good, the bad, and the ugly of social media. We will discuss its use and abuse, across all industries, governments and cultures.
Confirmed panelists include: Scott A. Barber AS’96 (Manager, User Operations, Facebook), Meredith L. Chapman AS’07 (Director, Digital Communications and Faculty, UD), David L. Margalit BE’97 (Former Senior Advisor, Office of NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg), Joseph M. Perello ’90 (Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Catch New York) and Julia C. Willmott ’07 (Manager, Content and Programming, Nickelodeon Digital). Our Moderator, Anne Giacoma Barretta AS’83, (Adjunct Professor of Communications at William Paterson University of New Jersey and member, Vice President, of the UDAA Board of Directors) will lead the panel program. A question and answer session will follow the panel discussion. You can submit your questions through Twitter using #UDCandC.
This series highlights Blue Hen industry leaders, living and working in and around New York City and the rest of the U.S., where they are today, and how UD played a role in their rise. Connect with friends, make new contacts and learn from successful Blue Hens why they have such a passion for UD.
Invited guests include alumni, friends and current UD students. Before and after the program there will be an opportunity to network and enjoy cocktails and hor’s d’ourves while participating in Conversations & Connections with fellow Blue Hens.
NEW THIS YEAR: No after party down the street. We get to stay put and mingle with other Blue Hens after the fabulous panel discussion! Once the main party has slowed down, Chinese take-out arrives! For a small additional fee you can enjoy more cocktails and food at the After-Party with Chinese take-out! Don’t let the Conversations & Connections end just yet. (see registration form for details)
The hashtag for this event will be #UDCandC.
Special thanks to the UD Alumni Association for providing support for this event, Vornado Realty Trust for their lovely venue, and to the UD New York City Alumni Club Volunteers for their extensive planning.
Register for this event
Want to see more Blue Hens at this event? Help us spread the word!
Blue Hen Zog Kickball- Weeknights in Hoboken
4 Wednesdays, 2 Mondays, and 1 Thursday between March 31 - May
First Game: Monday, March 31, 7:00 PM
Game days & times vary, schedule is out mid-March.
Happy Hour to follow each night.
Location: Mama Johnson Field (4th and Jackson in Hoboken)
Mix, mingle, and kick with fellow Blue Hens as part of a UD Alumni Kickball team! Relive your childhood days with weekly kickball games against other local Zog teams.
• No bouncies (a.k.a. bouncing pitches) and no head shots (i.e., you can throw the ball at the runner, but NOT at their head.
• All fielders must stay behind the pitching line until the ball is kicked. Bunting is allowed, but limited to 3 per inning. 1 base on overthrow is maximum, but not guaranteed
• Everyone present at the game must be in the kicking order. No more than 3 men may kick in a row in the kicking order
• Each game is 7 inning (or 60 minute time limit – no mercy rule)
Register now for this event
Want to see more Blue Hens at this event? Help spread the word!
Sign up for email notifications
The UD NYC Alumni Club averages 8 - 10 events annually. Please sign up for email notifications when new events are posted atUDconnection.com
Want to help plan Blue Hen events?
Do you want to help plan an event for Blue Hens in your area? We are always looking for ideas for events and volunteers to help plan them! If you are interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (302) 831-2341.
Past alumni club events:
- Happy Hour at Brother Jimmy's
- Zog Dodgeball Team
- NYC Alumni Club Open Board Meeting
- Art & Blue Hens at the Int'l Center of Photography in NYC with UD President Patrick Harker, Friends of Art History and the NYC Alumni Club
- Medieval Times Dinner & Show
- Halloween River Cruise on the Hudson & East Rivers
- UD Day of Service 2013: Teach Recycling at Maker Faire
- Tigers @ Mets Game & Reception
- Long Island Ducks baseball game & picnic
- Happy Hour at Beekman Beer Garden Beach Club
- Happy hour at Jackson's Restaurant in Commack
- Open Board Meeting at Blackstone
- 2013 Conversations and Connections at JPMorgan Chase
- Winter Social at Tribeca Tap House
- UD Men's Basketball at the NIT Tournament
- 2012 UD Day of Service at Washington Heights Harvest Mobile Market
- Welcome to the Neighborhood Class of 2012 Event
- UD Alumni at the Yankees
- Lecture, Reception & Exhibition at
the Guggenheim Museum
- UD alumni at Clean Up NYC!
- "UD Congratulates U" event for accepted students
- Alumni Club Happy Hour at BB King's
- Tailgate before UD Football vs. Hofstra
- "Rediscover UD" with UD President Harker
- Food and drinks at The University Club in Midtown
- A holiday event at the Jade Lounge
- A night at the Downtown Athletic Club for updates on the UD campus