New York City Alumni Club
The First Noel at The Apollo Theater
Sunday, December 11
3:00–4:30 p.m. Reception at Cove Lounge (325 Malcolm X Blvd & 126th St, New York NY 10027)
5:00–7:00 p.m. The First Noel at Apollo Theater (253 West 125th Street, New York, NY 10027)
$30 Show ticket
$15 Reception add-on (limit to 30 people)
The NYC Alumni Club and the Black Alumni Organization are excited to host a family-friendly event at the historic Apollo Theater.
The First Noel is a Harlem-based holiday musical produced by the Classical Theater of Harlem featuring music that crosses genres to tell a universal story of love and belonging. This presentation follows three generations of a Harlem family affected by the tragic loss of a loved one. This story is about how a community is healed, one family at a time, as everyday people do extraordinary things to help one another receive the gift of love during the holiday season.
NOTE: Please indicate if you need handicapped seating, and specify accessibility needs. There is limited handicapped seating available in a separate section.
Prior to the show, there will be an optional networking reception and Q&A with light food and beverages at nearby Cove Lounge featuring special guest Ty Jones, AS92, AS95M, who is the Producing Artistic Director of the Classical Theater of Harlem. Cash bar available. The reception has limited space, so register early!
All ages welcome.
By NYC Subway:
- Take the A, B, C or D trains to 125th Street and walk 1.25 blocks East to the Apollo Theater.
- Take the 2 or 3 trains to 125th Street and walk 1.75 blocks West to the Apollo Theater.
- Take the 4,5 or 6 trains to 125th Street and then either take a taxi or a bus Westbound to 8th Avenue/Frederick Douglass Boulevard.
By Metro-North Railroad:
- Take any scheduled Metro North train to the Harlem/125th Street stop. Once downstairs either take a taxi or a bus Westbound to 8th Avenue/Frederick Douglass Boulevard.
Refund deadline is December 2, 2016.
Thanks to the UDAA for their generous support of this event!
Register now for this event
Registration closes December 2. Unfortunately, walk-ins will not be permitted.
Want to see more of YOUR Blue Hens at this event? Help us spread the word!
Do you want to help plan an event for Blue Hens in the area? The UD NYC Alumni Club averages 8-10 events annually. We are always looking for ideas for events and volunteers to help plan them! We’ll promote them with Blue Hens in the area. If you are interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (302) 831-2341.
Your club volunteer leaders are:
President, Eric H. Rosen, BE11
Vice President, Lalena Luna, AS00
Special Events Co-Chair, Kelly Perkins, AS07
Special Events Co-Chair, Kate Rosenblum, AS09
Young Alumni Chair, Michael Smyth, BE14
Communications Co-Chair, Nicole Lee, AS13
Communications Co-Chair, Isabelle Hastings, BE16
Giving Chair, Dan Bone, BE12
Long Island: Kristyn Noren Dolan, EHD08
The NYC Alumni Club has openings for three board positions effective July 1. For applications or information please email Leslie Lundgaard. Additional information is available on the Clubs page in the Download section on the right.
Past events have included:
- An Evening of Conversations & Connections with New York Alumni: UD Women in the C-Suite
- A Day at the Blue Hill at Stone Barn Agricultural Center
- Welcome to the Neighborhood with the NY Alumni Club
- NYC Alumni Club Baseball Series Part 2: Cleveland Indians vs. New York Yankees
- NYC Alumni Club Baseball Series Part 1: Colorado Rockies vs. New York Mets
- NYC New Student Send-Off
- Spring Happy Hour
- An Evening of Conversations & Connections with New York Alumni
- Blue Hens at Brooklyn Winery
- Superheroes in Gotham at the NY Historical Society
- UD Men's Basketball v. Columbia University
- Welcome to the Neighborhood: Brews & Bingo
- UD Alumni Baseball Series: Somerset Patriots Baseball and BBQ
- New York Red Bulls Soccer
- New Student Send-Off with the NYC Alumni Club
- Detroit Tigers at New York Yankees
- New York Botanical Garden: Special Exhibit, Private Tour & Reception
- An Evening of Conversations & Connections (showcasing UD alumni in the fashion industry)
- Guided Tour of New York Public Library Schwarzman Building
- Bocce Ball and Happy Hour
- "Our Lady of Kibeho" at the Signature Theatre
- Tour of the NYC Fire Museum
- Night Owl Bowling
- NYC New Student Send Off
- Baltimore Orioles @ New York Yankees
- Meet the Board Happy Hour
- Dare to Care: Union Square
- FlyWheel Spin Night
- Zog Kickball Team
- An Evening of Conversations and Connections (showcasing alumni in social media)
- Happy Hour at Brother Jimmy's
- Zog Dodgeball Team
- NYC Alumni Club Open Board Meeting
- Art & Blue Hens at the Int'l Center of Photography in NYC with UD President Patrick Harker, Friends of Art History and the NYC Alumni Club
- Medieval Times Dinner & Show
- Halloween River Cruise on the Hudson & East Rivers
- UD Day of Service 2013: Teach Recycling at Maker Faire
- Tigers @ Mets Game & Reception
- Long Island Ducks baseball game & picnic
- Happy Hour at Beekman Beer Garden Beach Club
- Happy hour at Jackson's Restaurant in Commack
- Open Board Meeting at Blackstone
- 2013 Conversations and Connections at JPMorgan Chase
- Winter Social at Tribeca Tap House
- UD Men's Basketball at the NIT Tournament
- 2012 UD Day of Service at Washington Heights Harvest Mobile Market
- Welcome to the Neighborhood Class of 2012 Event
- UD Alumni at the Yankees
- Lecture, Reception & Exhibition at
- the Guggenheim Museum
- UD alumni at Clean Up NYC!
- "UD Congratulates U" event for accepted students
- Alumni Club Happy Hour at BB King's
- Tailgate before UD Football vs. Hofstra
- "Rediscover UD" with UD President Harker
- Food and drinks at The University Club in Midtown
- A holiday event at the Jade Lounge
- A night at the Downtown Athletic Club for updates on the UD campus
Want to see more Blue Hens at our events? Help spread the word!