New York City Alumni Club
Welcome to the Neighborhood with the NY Alumni Club
Thursday, September 22
6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Pier A Harbor House (22 Battery Place, New York, NY 10004)
Cost: $5 preregistration, $7 day of admission at the door
Additional cost: Cash bar
Welcome to the Neighborhood, Blue Hens!
Join us at Pier A, an historic venue in the Financial District, near Battery Park, for fun and to meet current alumni in the region. Pier A Harbor House is a 28,000-square foot, multi-experiential food and beverage destination with Manhattan’s finest sunsets and water views.
Bring a friend, and come meet and mingle with other UD alumni! Look for UD colors and fellow Blue Hens in our private space inside. Cash bar for drinks; light appetizers provided with your ticket purchase.
Pier A is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a designated New York City landmark. Opening in 1886 as the headquarters for the New York Harbor Police and Department of Docks, Pier A later served as the VIP entrance for European Ambassadors traveling to Ellis Island and as the main station for the Marine Division of the New York City Fire Department.
Public Transportation: Pier A is easily accessible by public transportation, a short walk from the Bowling-Green MTA subway station for the 4 and 5 trains; an even shorter walk south from the Rector Street MTA for the 1 and R trains; and minutes away from the Staten Island Ferry Station.
Refund deadline is September 8, 2016.
Thanks to the UDAA for their generous support of this event!
This event is open to alumni and their guests age 21 and older.
Register now for this event
Want to see more of YOUR Blue Hens at this event? Help us spread the word!
Do you want to help plan an event for Blue Hens in the area? The UD NYC Alumni Club averages 8-10 events annually. We are always looking for ideas for events and volunteers to help plan them! We’ll promote them with Blue Hens in the area. If you are interested, email email@example.com or call (302) 831-2341.
Your club volunteer leaders are:
President, Eric H. Rosen, BE11
Vice President, Lalena Luna, AS00
Special Events Co-Chair, Kelly Perkins, AS07
Special Events Co-Chair, Open
Young Alumni Chair, Michael Smyth, BE14
Communications Co-Chair, Nicole Lee, AS13
Communications Co-Chair, Open
Long Island: Kristyn Noren Dolan, EHD08
The NYC Alumni Club has openings for three board positions effective July 1. For applications or information please email Leslie Lundgaard. Additional information is available on the Clubs page in the Download section on the right.
Past events have included:
- NYC Alumni Club Baseball Series Part 2: Cleveland Indians vs. New York Yankees
- NYC Alumni Club Baseball Series Part 1: Colorado Rockies vs. New York Mets
- NYC New Student Send-Off
- Spring Happy Hour
- An Evening of Conversations & Connections with New York Alumni
- Blue Hens at Brooklyn Winery
- Superheroes in Gotham at the NY Historical Society
- UD Men's Basketball v. Columbia University
- Welcome to the Neighborhood: Brews & Bingo
- UD Alumni Baseball Series: Somerset Patriots Baseball and BBQ
- New York Red Bulls Soccer
- New Student Send-Off with the NYC Alumni Club
- Detroit Tigers at New York Yankees
- New York Botanical Garden: Special Exhibit, Private Tour & Reception
- An Evening of Conversations & Connections (showcasing UD alumni in the fashion industry)
- Guided Tour of New York Public Library Schwarzman Building
- Bocce Ball and Happy Hour
- "Our Lady of Kibeho" at the Signature Theatre
- Tour of the NYC Fire Museum
- Night Owl Bowling
- NYC New Student Send Off
- Baltimore Orioles @ New York Yankees
- Meet the Board Happy Hour
- Dare to Care: Union Square
- FlyWheel Spin Night
- Zog Kickball Team
- An Evening of Conversations and Connections (showcasing alumni in social media)
- Happy Hour at Brother Jimmy's
- Zog Dodgeball Team
- NYC Alumni Club Open Board Meeting
- Art & Blue Hens at the Int'l Center of Photography in NYC with UD President Patrick Harker, Friends of Art History and the NYC Alumni Club
- Medieval Times Dinner & Show
- Halloween River Cruise on the Hudson & East Rivers
- UD Day of Service 2013: Teach Recycling at Maker Faire
- Tigers @ Mets Game & Reception
- Long Island Ducks baseball game & picnic
- Happy Hour at Beekman Beer Garden Beach Club
- Happy hour at Jackson's Restaurant in Commack
- Open Board Meeting at Blackstone
- 2013 Conversations and Connections at JPMorgan Chase
- Winter Social at Tribeca Tap House
- UD Men's Basketball at the NIT Tournament
- 2012 UD Day of Service at Washington Heights Harvest Mobile Market
- Welcome to the Neighborhood Class of 2012 Event
- UD Alumni at the Yankees
- Lecture, Reception & Exhibition at
- the Guggenheim Museum
- UD alumni at Clean Up NYC!
- "UD Congratulates U" event for accepted students
- Alumni Club Happy Hour at BB King's
- Tailgate before UD Football vs. Hofstra
- "Rediscover UD" with UD President Harker
- Food and drinks at The University Club in Midtown
- A holiday event at the Jade Lounge
- A night at the Downtown Athletic Club for updates on the UD campus
Want to see more Blue Hens at our events? Help spread the word!