UD Alumni Association
In December 2009, The UD Alumni Association (UDAA) completed a strategic plan to help align the association with the strategic plans of UD, the Path to Prominence™, and the Office of Alumni Relations. Click here to read a story about the process.
Through this strategic planning process, the UDAA developed new vision and mission statements as well as 7 strategic initiatives to focus on in the coming years.
To actively engage and support future and current alumni in a lifelong relationship with the University of Delaware.
The UDAA is proudly dedicated to engaging our entire alumni community by fostering a tradition of lifelong loyalty and commitment to the University. We provide exceptional value and ongoing support to our alumni worldwide.
- Expand benefits available to all alumni.
- Increase UDAA support of regional and affinity club events.
- Encourage attendance at all alumni events.
- Promote UDAA throughout the UD student’s life cycle – acceptance through pinning ceremony.
- Increase registration and utilization of the online community.
- Increase nominations for UDAA board of director positions and all alumni and student awards.
- Uphold the UDAA brand through all initiatives using strategic and targeted marketing and events.
Did you know...?
Since 1846, the UDAA has strengthened the commitment of graduates to their alma mater by supporting alumni and student programs.
All University of Delaware graduates are automatically members of the UD Alumni Association.
In the past 10 years, the UDAA has given more than $3.0 million to UD for student scholarships and alumni programs.
Above: Members of the UDAA Board of Directors gather after their September 2014 board meeting.
A Board of Directors, consisting of 3 officers, 24 directors, members at-large and the immediate past president, manages the UDAA.
Are one or both of your parents graduates of the University of Delaware? If so, you could participate in the Legacy Program during your college search process.
A breakdown of how many UD alums are living in each state.
Since 1983, it has been a tradition at the University of Delaware, as part of the Commencement exercises, that two alumni from each class march in the procession honoring the graduating class. Click the link above for more information on how to become a delegate for your class.