University of Delaware Day in Washington, DC
Tuesday, March 8
Russell Senate Office Building
Kennedy Caucus Room, room 325
Reception, 5:00 - 7:30 p.m.
The reception will showcase UD's leadership in federally funded projects awarded through the NIH, NSF, DOD, DOE, USDA, NOAA, NASA and other federal agencies. Approximately 20 interactive displays of research at UD will be on view, including:
- Multifunctional composite materials to support our soldiers (DOD-funded)
- Next-generation magnets and renewable energy solutions (DOE)
- UD's "Baby Mobility Robot" and other rehabilitation science advances (NIH)
- UD's autonomous underwater vehicle, deployed during the gulf oil spill (NSF)
Registration required. Hors d'oeuvres and cocktails will be served.
- Senator Tom Carper
- Senator Chris Coons
- Congressman John Carney
- Vice President of the United States Joe Biden
Registration now closed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend