Baltimore Alumni Club
New Student Send-Off and Welcome to the Neighborhood with the Baltimore Alumni Club
Saturday, August 15, 2015
2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Rocky Point State Park (2200 Rocky Point Rd., Essex, MD 21221)
Free. Registration is required for planning purposes.
The Baltimore Alumni Club invites all incoming freshmen and their families to a congratulatory New Student Sendoff. Join us as we send off the incoming class of 2019 and welcome the class of 2015 to Baltimore! We will share stories and words of wisdom with the incoming students, and connect our newest graduates with the UD Baltimore Alumni network! We will have a picturesque setting where recent alumni and future alumni can connect as we enjoy a picnic featuring crabs, burgers, hot dogs, and more! There will be a variety of games set up for our group to play. It's a fun way for them to meet fellow freshmen, find carpool mates, receive helpful advice from alumni and get excited to attend UD.
University staff will also be in attendance.
Thanks to the UD Alumni Association for their support of this event.
Pre-registration is suggested. Those who don't pre-register may still attend and register at the event.
Register now for this event
Want to see more Blue Hens at this event? Help spread the word!
There are no additional events scheduled at this time, but the UD Baltimore Alumni Club is very active, averaging 8 - 9 fun and interesting events a year (see a list of past events below).
To stay apprised of upcoming events, please "like" us on Facebook, and register on UDConnection.com for email updates from our club as well as your college.
Want to have more fun with your fellow UD graduates in Baltimore? Join the Baltimore Club Volunteer Board! Together, we’ll create engaging and diverse events around Greater Baltimore like happy hours, museum tours, baseball games, service projects, and more! The board positions available are Special Events Chair. Click here to view the position descriptions, and click here to print and fill out the application. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org along with an emailed letter of interest.
Previous alumni club events include:
- Washington Nationals vs. Baltimore Orioles Baseball
- UDare to Care Service Project with the Moveable Feast Food Bank
- Urban Pirates Cruise
- Brewer's Art Tour & Tasting
- The Maryland Science Center
- Symphony of Lights
- Yankees @ Orioles
- New Student Send-off and Welcome to the Neighborhood
- Urban Pirate Cruise
- Dare to Care: Real Food Farm
- Private Immersion Tour & Breakfast at the National Aquarium
- An Evening at Under Armour with UD President Pat Harker
- Brewer's Art Tasting & Tour
- Field of Screams Haunted Attractions
- UD vs. Navy Football Tailgate
- 2013 UD Alumni Day in Dewey Beach
- Crab Feast at Oregon Ridge State Park
- Aberdeen Ironbirds Game & Reception
- Yankees @ Orioles Game & Reception
- Happy Hour at MEX Inner Harbor
- Urban Pirate Cruise Party in Fell's Point
- Family Fun at Port Discovery Museum
- The Brewer's Art Tour & Tasting
- Happy Hour at Bond Street Social Club
- UD Saturday Symposium: Picturing Poe
- Welcome Class of 2012 to Baltimore
- UD Alumni Day in Dewey Beach, DE
- Happy Hour at Heavy Seas Ale House
- UD Alumni at the Orioles
- Multiple Sclerosis Society 5K Walk
- Baltimore Museum of Industry
- Happy Hour at Waterfront Hotel
- The Brewer's Art Tour and Tasting
- Annual New Student Welcome Picnic at Honeygo Run Regional Park