Chicago Alumni Club
Chicago Blue Hens Dare to Care: Feed My Starving Children
Saturday, May 21, 2016
6:45 p.m. Arrival
7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. Pack meals
Feed My Starving Children (1072 National Parkway, Schaumburg, IL 60173)
Join us in Schaumburg as we volunteer to hand pack meals that are shipped to over 70 countries for malnourished children affected by natural disaster or economic despair. The specially formulated meals cost just 22 cents and are used to operate orphanages, schools, clinics and feeding programs to help break the cycle of poverty.
Space is limited – Sign up today!
Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) is a non-profit organization and spends 92% of total donations directly on feeding the hungry. It has earned the highest four-star rating from Charity Navigator for ten consecutive years.
- No jewelry is permitted. See FMSC's jewelry policy for details and exceptions.
- All volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes. Otherwise, please come in clean, comfortable clothes.
- Children must be older than 5 years old and accompanied by adults. See FMSC's age requirements policy for details.
Volunteers with food allergies are advised to exercise caution when determining whether or not to participate in food packing. FMSC can provide a complete list of ingredients in the food products but cannot guarantee the environments of the ingredients' manufacturing. Volunteers with extreme food allergies or allergies to any of the listed ingredients are advised not to pack.
Register now for this event
Do you want to help plan an event for Blue Hens in the area? We are always looking for ideas for events and volunteers to help plan them! We’ll promote them with Blue Hens in the area. If you are interested, email email@example.com or call (302) 831-2341.
The Chicago Alumni Club is looking for your suggestions of great events we can have, like:
- Cultural events
- Sporting events
- Family-oriented events
- Social events
Like us on Facebook, and tell us what would appeal to you!
Want to see more Blue Hens at our events? Help spread the word about the Chicago Alumni Club!
Past events have included:
- UD Chicago Alumni Club Winter Happy Hour
- Welcome to the Neighborhood: Chicago Trolley Tour with UD Alumni
- Happy Hour at Public House
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Chicago Cubs
- Chicago Dela-Bration at Blackfinn Ameripub
- Dare to Care Service Project - Ronald McDonald House Meal Preparation
- Chicago Blue Hen Revolution Brewery Tour and Happy Hour
- Class of 2014 Welcome to the Neighborhood and BBQ
- New York Yankees at Chicago Cubs
- Happy Hour at Bub City Bar
- Philadelphia Phillies at Chicago Cubs
- Chicago Sky WNBA Game - UD Chicago alumni welcome Elena Delle Donne
- Networking Happy Hours at American Junkie (3rd Thursday of each month)
- Networking Happy Hour at Rockit Bar & Grill
- Lincoln Park Zoo's ZooLights
- 2012 UD Day of Service at Great Chicago Food Depository
- UD Football Watch Party at Timothy O'Toole's, Chicago
- Happy Hour at Vines on Clark in Wrigleyville
- UD Alumni at the 19th Annual Chicago Cares Serve-a-thon
- UD Alumni at the Chicago Cubs + reception at the Captain Morgan Club
- UD Congratulates U event for accepted prospective freshmen
- Club Open Meeting at Sheffield's Beer & Wine Garden
- Meet and Greet at CrossRoads
- Chicago Alumni Club at the Cubs